Special Collections - Photographic Collections
The apparatus was demonstrated in a lecture given to the Open Association in November 1975 by M. H. Dunn and J Spark. From left to right, the apparatus on the bench is: a Gramme magneto-electric machine (c. 1870) driving electric motor, a dynamo-electric machine (c. 1870), a Ruhmkorff coil, a polyphase motor, a Kelvin water dropper electrostatic machine, a Wimshurst machine (c. 1885), and on the side table a Holtz electrical machine (c. 1865). The apparatus on the floor to the left is for the analysis of sound and was developed by Konig (c. 1870).
Format / media
© The University of St Andrews
CC BY-NC Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License
Image Courtesy of the University of St Andrews Library, ID Group-1975-53